Call Us Today


Schedule A Consultation

Contact Us Today

Live Chat
Speak with a licensed Medicare professional today.

Why Should You Get a Medicare Supplement?

[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”4.9.0″ _module_preset=”default”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”4.9.0″ _module_preset=”default”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”4.9.0″ _module_preset=”default”][et_pb_image src=”” alt=”Medicines” title_text=”Meds” align=”center” _builder_version=”4.9.0″ _module_preset=”default”][/et_pb_image][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.9.7″ _module_preset=”default”]

Original Medicare coverage comes with out-of-pocket costs which fortunately can be covered through a Medicare Supplement (Medigap) plan. What exactly do we mean by out-of-pocket costs? Out-of-pocket medical costs regarding Medicare refer to Medicare healthcare expenses you have to pay yourself. Medicare Supplement Plans (Medigap) help fill “gaps” in the Original Medicare coverage to reduce your costs. These costs include Medicare copayments, coinsurance, and deductibles. When you enroll in a Medicare Supplement (Medigap)  plan, Medicare pays for its share of your health costs, and your Medigap plan covers your portion of the costs. For example, Medicare only pays for 80% of the Medicare approved amount for outpatient services, while you typically would have to pay the remaining 20%. The Medicare Supplement (Medigap) policy would help you cover the 20% portion of the remaining costs. Some Medigap policies also provide coverage for additional services like medical care when you travel outside of the U.S. and excess charges.

Most Seniors end up getting some sort of supplemental plan in order to get these costs covered.

[/et_pb_text][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.9.7″ _module_preset=”default”]

Important Notes on Medicare Supplement (Medigap) policies:


  • Medicare Part A and Part B are required. 
  • Medigap policies supplement Original Medicare, not replace it.
  • You cannot have a Medigap policy if you have a Medicare Advantage Plan.  On a Medicare Advantage Plan you are responsible for the co-pays.
  • You must pay a small monthly premium to obtain a Medicare Supplement (Medigap) plan, but in the long run, your total out of pocket expenses will most likely be reduced because your Medicare Co-Pays and Co-Insurance for Medicare Approved Amounts will be covered. 
  • Medigap policies only cover one person.
  • Medigap policies sold after January 2006 no longer include prescription drug coverage, so you must join Medicare Part D separately.
  • You can purchase a Medicare Supplement (Medigap)MedSup policy from any licensed insurance  agent in your state.
  • The Benefit Link has licensed Insurance agents in all 50 states, ready to assist you.

[/et_pb_text][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.9.7″ _module_preset=”default”]

It is always best to check with your insurance provider for specific information regarding your plan options. The Benefit Link can help you compare and obtain a Medicare Supplement (Medigap) Insurance plan to get your Medicare Co-Pays and Co-Insurance covered and help you save on costs.


Schedule A Consultation

It can be difficult to know whether or not you have proper coverage, but we can help!

Any questions? Feel free to give us a call.



Medicare Alone Is Not Enough

Compare Medicare Plans Now!

TCPA Consent & Privacy

The Benefit Link, a Licensed Insurance Agency with its physical office in Texas, employs insurance agents (producers), and through such agents, can provide these services to clients in all 50 States of the USA. By clicking on a form, you authorize The Benefit Link to call you and send pre-recorded messages, text messages, and in-app Facebook messages to you about The Benefit Link products and services at the telephone number you have on file with Facebook, or any other telephone number or contact information that you provide to The Benefit Link, including your mobile phone if provided, using an automated dialer and email, even you are on the national or state “Do not Call” list. You understand that your consent is not a requirement to purchase products and services from The Benefit Link. Message and data rates may apply, and you can opt-out anytime.